There are many ways to get help for your small business, here are 5 ways to outsource work that will help you stay organized and on target with your business goals.
- Bookkeeping – simple reconciling of bank account and credit cards statements.
- Social Media Help – Researching posts online and setting up to post in a Social Media scheduler. Monthly pre-paid hours can be billed on a monthly basis and can be setup in advance to help you.
- Invoicing – This process usually needs to be done at the site, but invoicing can be done on a weekly or bi-weekly basis depending on the industry.
- Blog Posting and Setting up Images – Blogging is great, but who wants to design an image, setup the categories and tags, and post it. You can write the post and the expert can do the rest.
- Temporary help with Admin services – Recently, I helped out a law office stay on track with their invoicing since their bookkeeper had an emergency and needed to be out for a bit. Hiring an expert for temporary work is fine if you tell them that it would be temporary.
Tips to find the right person to help you:
- Make sure they have the experience and background to help the area you need.
- Ask around to other self-employed friends to see if they use someone they can recommend.
- Ask for referrals and contact the referrals to make sure the expert can do what you want them to do.
- Make a list of the tasks you want the expert to do.
- Determine how much you make per hour and make sure the person hired charges less than your hourly rate.
- Make sure you have a list of all the tasks that you have agreed on with the expert.
- Make sure this person is organized! Just because they can do the work, doesn’t mean that if you stop working with them, you will be able to figure out what needs to be done and how to do it. Check out their office, ask them questions like, how will you keep my paperwork? What is your system to manage my business tasks?
Making your office more productive and cost-effective will help you get things done and help you succeed. If you are looking for someone, please check out my services. I offer remote services and am very thorough in organizing the paperwork and setting up the process that I take over. Please fill out the contact me page.