***Full Disclosure: Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Impact affiliate members, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
Marketing agencies usually are the ones that companies come to determine what to advertise. These agencies do several tasks, from large creative, detailed projects to smaller, simpler, and less fun ones. Some of these tasks can be outsourced to others, like me, that are created to assist these agencies. But did you know that these companies also outsource their smaller tasks to other people to get the job done quicker, faster and create a more professional product? This post will discuss how marketing agencies can outsource some of their less desirable tasks to free up time for their more creative and enjoyable jobs.
How can I determine what my marketing agency can outsource?
I find that breaking down steps to see if tasks can be given to others helps. Ask your staff what job they don’t have the time to focus on throughout the week. No judgment here. I am just inquiring. These tasks could appear in various forms. Below are some ideas to get your mind thinking.
- Doing social media research and scheduling posts.
- Creating powerpoint presentations for clients with collected stock images.
- Spending time getting quality leads from PPC advertising.
- Interpreting Google Analytics and Facebook Ads results to determine future actions in PPC advertising.
- Managing client accounts by doing tasks that will then be checked by the manager to confirm quality.
- Updating website content with new information from customers.
- Keeping your website updated to show professionalism to potential clients .
- Working directly with other subcontractors to develop a product for your client.
Now that you have decided on what you want outsourcing in your marketing agency let’s determine some other important information you will need before hiring a person like me.
How often should you outsource tasks?
Tasks should be done every week. However, some errands can be done monthly. We do not recommend stretching out tasks for longer than a month because consistency can be an issue. Processes change over time, and your outsourced help may not be in the loop of the updated procedures. Keeping connected is always best when outsourcing continuous tasks.
How much will it cost to outsource tasks in my marketing agency?
First, determine how much you make per hour. Many marketing agencies charge their clients by the project, so deciding your or your staff’s hourly rate will help you decide on an hourly limit you can afford to outsource to another person. Read more about how to determine your outsourcing cost here.
Now that you have determined what you can afford hourly decide where to find this help. You can visit several associations, like the International Virtual Assistant Association. Google what you need help with and see what companies that do those services come up. Feel free to check out my services here.
After you decide on a person, follow these steps below to make sure your new relationship works for both of you and transitions quickly to your new associate.
How to start the process of outsourcing tasks to another?
After you find someone you trust, set up a meeting time to explain the details of the project, clearly describe the task that needs to be completed. Writing down the steps at the meeting will facilitate understanding the project. If you only email the person, there may be some steps left out, which will result in confusion and wasted time on their part and yours. Don’t forget to decide on the consistency of the project. Will it be a weekly task or a monthly task? Will the help be communicating with the customer? Determine the agreed-upon hourly rate for the service. Be sure to have a confidentiality agreement and non-compete contract signed by both parties. Don’t be surprised if the outsourced help also has a deal to sign. All these details should be spelled out at this meeting.
I hope this helps your marketing agency find the right person to propel your business.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through and decide to make a purchase.
Small Business Popular Posts
- 8 Tips for Keeping Effective Filing Systems (88,565)
- How To Remember Tasks At Work (55,205)
- Organize Office Files – So Anyone Can Find Them (44,135)
- How to Create a Well-Organized Small Business… (30,908)
- 30 Engaging Hair Salon Industry Social Media Post Ideas (15,400)
- Small Business Microsoft OneNote Digital Notebook Tips (15,211)