Is this year’s goal to get your business organized? Wouldn’t you love an organized home office? A space that is just for your business. A space that you can do your work, your bills, and be able to research with minimal distractions. Ah, doesn’t that sound lovely? Well, I am here to tell you that it IS possible to do this. Here are five steps to create an organized home office that is also hidden when you are not working. First, find a place in the corner of your home that is out-of-the-way. Then, follow these simple steps.
5 Steps to Create a Well-organized Office
- Create a barrier in a space, by using a tall barrier to block off the area. Tall armoires or bookshelves facing into the room and way from the office work nicely as a barrier.
- Maximize every space that is possible. Use the back of the barrier as a work surface by hanging a marker board or chalkboard.
- Have an area for files. A decorate filing cabinet that looks like a piece of furniture works nicely. If you need more surface space, buy a lateral filing cabinet.
- Have an “in” bin for your papers to check and process. However, something that has a top, so you limit yourself from overfilled “in” bin.
- Add floor to ceiling shelving to save space. Use shelving with doors to hide the clutter. It is a great place to put your supplies and other reference items you may need.
Wa la. You did it. Now, enjoy your new home office. Remember, revisit your organizing process and your space regularly and clear out the clutter, whether it be papers in files or on surfaces. Streamline the process as you go keeps your new organized home office free of clutter.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.