Today, I am going to discuss an organized office example to help you get inspired to organize your space. I am going to go through my office to show how easy it is to create a very functional space in a less than 10 x 10 space.
- My office space is a part of my family room. I created a wall by using an armoire to divide my desk area from the rest of the room. The armoire stores my keyboard and other blankets for the family room area. I also have a small fridge so we don’t’ have to go upstairs to get a drink or snacks that divide my space.
- I purchased these IKEA cabinets years ago and placed them around the window. These IKEA cabinets have lots of storage. I also added locks to protect my privacy. Theses cabinets also hold my other hobbies, like home movie making, scrapbooking, sewing, and crafts. It also holds some office supplies in this space as well. Check out the image and the way I set it up by checking out this post.
- Over the last few years, I went from a sitting desk to a standing desk, and now to a treadmill desk. I recently received a wonderful gift from one of my downsizing clients – a treadmill desk. It is awesome and I have used it almost every weekday. This eliminates my excuse for not walking during the work day.
- I added storage on the side of my desk to hold current to do papers. It also gives me extra surface space to help me manage my space.
- I store older files and long-term storage files in another filing cabinet in my closets. I also have a bookshelf that holds my organizing tool bag and other office papers and supplies.
Making this organized office has been a work in progress and I am still not quite done. But, it has been fun making it a space where I can be more creative and be able to look outdoors at my garden and less a make shift space that I really don’t care for and dread going to each day.
I hope this inspire you to make your office space more organized and functional. What is your favorite part of your office? Please leave a message below.