***Full Disclosure: Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Impact affiliate members, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
Writing posts can be problematic. Try asking yourself these questions before writing a blog post to make it easier. This will help you focus on a topic to write about and help you create a more precise topic to write about.
Table of contents
12 Questions to ask yourself when writing blog posts
- What areas have I already written?
- What needs to be discussed?
- Is the post a popular topic?
- Who am I generating this post for? Men? Women? Moms? Dads? Business owners?
- Who is my customer?
- Is the post helpful?
- Is the topic too specific or too broad?
- Where is my customer?
- Is the post relevant?
- Is the post criticizing others?
- Do you have at least 4 points to discuss in your post?
- Did you write about this before?
To help you manage your posts, create a list of all your posts and their respective categories. I like to use a spreadsheet to create this file. It allows me to add columns to track different things as I progress through the year. I also like to include a date posted in the column, so I can see the last time I posted that topic. Then, I added a column called “Category,” and I used keywords to describe the post.
Update 2023: Additional questions
Some additional questions you should ask as you write the posts.
- How will I promote the post? What channels will I use?
- Do you want the reader to do something else? Do you want them to sign up for a newsletter? Do you want them to buy something like a course, service, or book?
- Where are you going to go to measure the success of the post? Google Analytics? Social Media Insights? Pintrest Analytics?
You can then sort by the category type of post, by topic name, or by date posted to see if there are repeat posts topics or unexplored topics. It works well. How do you get motivated to write a post? Please leave a message below.
Visit these posts for more information on questions to ask yourself before writing a blog post.
Visit our other blog posts on Blogging Tips by clicking here.