Writing posts can be difficult. Though to make it easier, try asking yourself these questions before writing a blog post. This will help you focus on a topic to write and help you create a clearer topic to write about.
- What areas have I already written?
- What needs to be discussed?
- Who am I generated this post for? Men? Women? Moms? Dads? Business owners?
- Who is my customer?
- Where is my customer?
- Is the post relevant?
- Is the post a popular topic?
- Is the post helpful?
- Is the post criticizing others?
- Is the topic too specific, or too broad?
- Do you have at least 4 points to discuss in your post?
- Did you write about this before?
To help you manage your posts, create a list of all your posts and their respective categories. I like to use a spreadsheet. It allows me to add columns if I want to track different things as I progress through the year. I also like to include a date posted column, so I can see the last time I posted that topic. Then, I added a column called “Category” and I used keywords to describe the post.
You can then sort by the category type of post, or by topic name, or by date posted to see if there are repeat posts topics or unexplored topics. It works really well. How do you get motivated to write a post? Please leave a message below.