Working in a productive office, makes anyone feel in control of their lives and tasks that need to be done. So this week, I will discuss how to create an outstanding workplace for your employees.
Creating an outstanding workplace
- Have a written process and procedure for every position in your company. This tip will describe the critical actions to take for different scenarios. It also helps new employees to show how the process works and what their responsibilities involve. There will be no question. This step takes some time but definitely, work it.
- Have periodic meetings scheduled to talk about what needs to be done? Depending on your industry, this could be a weekly meeting or every other week. Any changes suggested or any other task handled in the office can be discussed at the meeting. At this meeting, the group should discuss how the process is going. Any project issues, etc…
- Show employees that they can express their mind by allowing them the opportunity to discuss their issues in a safe, private space. This tip will help them feel a part of the team and more willing to contribute ideas and help improve processes. Note: Make it clear that you do not tolerate gossip or negative comments about other personnel or clients. Inform them that they can bring ideas to you that will improve the process of the business. Be respectful and expect your employees to be polite to others, clients, and management.
- Have up-to-date technology so the employees can be productive. There can’t be excuses for incomplete work. Keeping software up-to-date helps with this. Update software as needed to stay on top of the newest technology.
- Give incentives for not only upper management but also administrative and support staff. They are the ones that keep the process moving. Giving them incentives once a year will help them feel more engaged with the business. This incentive could be in the form of a bonus.
Looking at your business and thinking of creative ways to motivate and help employees is your job, as a small business owner. I hope this helps give you some ideas on areas to improve your small business.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.