If you own a product-based company, you may notice that selling a product is easier than selling a service. The product is tangible. Customers can feel it, use it, and share it with others easier than a service based company. Today, I am going to talk about tips for your product-based company to help you get more sales with less effort.
I recently found this video from Sheena Iyengar. She talks about choice overload problem.
Sheena Iyengar: How to make choosing easier: Length 16.05 minutes I know it is long but it is worth it. I promise.
From this video, here are some great tips for your product-based business:
- Increase in sales by having fewer products available for them to choose from.
- Group items into categories (like items) to help the customers works best.
- Starting your discussions easy and refrain from sharing too much information initially works best.
Recently, I went to a product business opportunity and they mentioned a few more tips:
- Show people how you feel about the product. Does it make you feel good? Take away your stress?
- Speak with them about the product over the phone or in person. This way they can hear your enthusiasm and you can sense how they feel about the opportunity.
- Entertain them by telling your story before, during, and after using the product.
I hope this helps you with your product-based company. I particularly like the tip about showing how you feel about the product. I have noticed that when people hear how I feel about the product in my voice, they are more likely to buy. May you have a successful and prosperous product-based business. Please share with other small business product-based company owners. Let’s continue the discussion: What is your favorite tip that has worked for your product-based business? Please leave a comment below.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.