If you have a business, you probably have signed up or claimed your business on Google. Here are the instructions on how to do this through “Google My Business.” But, have you reviewed it out recently and updated your information? From the desktop, you can go to https://business.google.com to modify your information. This might have been a site you forgot about which is the reason for my post. When we set up our business, we tend to forget about how and when we did these tasks. Then, we may wonder years later, why you are not getting business from Google searches or why people aren’t visiting your site more. I’m here to remind you that task is important to do at least once a year.
And, today I will be reviewing an easier way to modify your Google Business information, photos, insights, reviews. Google introduced the Google Business App on iOS and Android, and I just love the usability of the app. If you haven’t setup your business yet on Google, bookmark this page and return after you do the verification process. Don’t worry; I will wait for you…………After you set up the business and verify your business, you can install the
On the Google Business App home page, it includes the following information.
- “Post photos” from your device. This area is where you can upload the photos you took of your business. By clicking on the images that you want and press photos, it will add it to your business’ photos section. This section is handy if you take lots of after pictures for your business and use your phone. The photos will show up on Google Maps, Search, and Google+.
- Further down is the “Insights” section, it shows share information on how users find and interact with your business on Google.
- There is a “YouTube” section. In this section, it shows how many views or new subscribers you received in the last 30 days. If you click on it, you will go to your YouTube dashboard for your YouTube Channel. That is if you have the YouTube app installed on your mobile device.
- There’s a section called “Reviews” where people can 5 star your company. And you can respond to the review as well.
- And, then there is an “Ads” section which takes you to the Google Adwords Express (they have an app also on iOS) where you can review your ads. More about that app another time.
NOTE: If you click on any of these sections it will take you to the other sections I describe in more detail below.
In the Google business info page, you can edit your business information easily by clicking on the pencil to the right of the section you want to change.
You can change things like address, service area, phone number, website, hours of operation, special hours, mark as a permanently closed business. It does mention that your edits may take several minutes to go live. But at least you can change it right away and not have to hunt down the website online. That’s handy.
In the Photo section of Google Business App, you will notice a Photos at work section where you can add the photos from your device as I mentioned above.
A section for Team photos, where you can add at least three photos showing your management team and your employees. They suggest showing photos a little less formal of your team to humanize your business.
And a section for additional photos, where you can show “unique and compelling features of your business” that don’t fit into the other two areas.
The last section is your identity photos which include your profile of yourself, logos of your business, and cover photos that will show your business’s personality. You can do an “advanced options” where you can select if you want the profile photo or the cover photo to show first on Google.
The next section is “Insights”.
This section shows you the search results in a little more detail. And, customer actions in the last 30 days. There are additional stats about driving directions requests, phone calls, photo views, and photo quantity. This information is just to help you see where your customers are coming from and what they were searching for you.
Well, there you go. To help you get into the habit of updating this information often, here are some tips:
- Update the information and photos as you get new photos so Google knows they are are a part of your business.
- Add new employee images within 1 month of them starting at your company so they feel a part of the team.
Well, there you have it my tips to help you keep up-to-date with your information to Google. I hope this has encouraged you to download the app and make updates today. If you already have the app, please leave a comment on any tips you may have for using it. I would love to hear from you.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.