If you ever wanted to connect with your clients or associates, an electronic newsletter is a way to go. You can send it out weekly, monthly, or only on holidays. If you do decide to send out an email newsletter tips, here are some great tips to help you start your very own monthly or quarterly newsletter.
- Determine how much time you can afford to spend on the newsletter.
- Decide what your budget will be.
- Decide on the process. Will you have someone else do it for you? Will you do it yourself? Will you provide your content and have someone else set it up?
- Determine what you want to write about. Did you want it to be a short email? Do you want to talk about the items you sell? Do you want to talk about tips to help clients?
- Find a contact management company to use. There are several out there, some are free and others you need to pay monthly or per email address. Here are some contact management companies to check out: Constant Contact, MailChimp, Vertical Response
- After you set up your account, add the names and email addresses of your friends, family, clients, associates, coworkers, etc.… and add them to your contact management list. Usually, you can upload this list if you have the list in a spreadsheet software.
- Determine how you want the newsletter to look. The contact management company usually has templates for you to use and customize.
- To help generate the content, gather your already written content into one digital folder on your computer for reference.
- Decide when you want to send out the newsletter.
- Make a series of content topics for at least three months to start. This way, you will have a lot of topics to choose from. This helps with writer’s block.
The main benefit of having an e-newsletter will help you get your name out in front of your clients and associates. It reminds them of what you do and may introduce them other services you offer. Plan it out and give it a try. Please leave a comment below if you have questions about this process.