***Full Disclosure: Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Impact affiliate members, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
As small business owners, having raving reviews on websites and social media sites is crucial for the first introduction to the services offered. If you are wondering why you need testimonials, feel free to visit our post: Why You Need To Get Testimonials For Your Small Business. This post discusses picking the right questions to get the best business review for your services.
Table of contents
- First, let’s go through some tips on creating your best testimonial questions.
- 10 Effective Business Testimonial Questions
First, let’s go through some tips on creating your best testimonial questions.
Decide on a time to send the client the questions.
Start by determining when you will be sending your clients the review request. Right after the end of your sessions works best. You want to have their experience fresh in their minds.
Trigger an emotional response by adding some emotional questions.
Be sure to include the emotional aspect of your questions. The best testimonial has an emotional statement in it. So, be sure to ask them how they are feeling. How do you feel after you used our service? Does your staff seem less overwhelmed after we organize your space?
Determine what you are looking for in your service testimonials.
What are you looking for when with your client’s personal testimonials? Your goal may be something different from your competitors. So, creating your own will help you customize the client’s experiences while filling out the testimonial.
Minimize the yes and no, multiple-choice questions.
By avoiding the yes and no questions, you can get more wording and experience from your clients . This will help your testimonial be more robust and lets short choppy sentences.
Add suggestion questions on ways to improve the service/business.
Remember to add a question about how you can improve your business. Not every testimonial sentence needs to be added to your website if you don’t feel it puts your company in a good light. But, it may give you ideas on improving your business.
Now, it’s time to create your list of testimonial questions to ask your clients . Create your own customized testimonial questions from the list of questions below. You do not need to use ALL the questions. Picking three or four that will give you the most effective business testimonial.
10 Effective Business Testimonial Questions
1. What was it like before we worked with you? Please explain what problems you encounter.
2. How did we help you resolve your problem? How did you feel after we resolved the problem?
3. How long did it take you to decide to buy the service? Why did it take you that long of time?
4. What was your favorite part of our service?
5. Name three things you like about our [add the service name here] service that you may say to a friend/colleague if they are interested in the service.
6. What was a surprising result or outcome of our service?
7. What made our service stand out from others in the field?
8. Did anyone, in particular, stand out when using the service? If so, please include their names so we can acknowledge them.
9. What exceeded your expectations when we worked with you? If so, please explain how.
10. What do you recommend we do differently?
Pick and choose from this list of questions carefully. Setting the right tone and order of the questions will help you compile a good review for your website. Some clients may not respond if the questions are too vague.
Below are some additional questions from other sites for more inspiration:
I hope this helps inspire you to create your own testimonial questions for your small business. Feel free to comment below on any questions you used in your testimonial request. We would love to hear from you.