1. Determine how you want to retrieve the files and how many people will be retrieving them.
2. Have a hanging folder for the broad group and manila folders for specific topics.
3. Stick with the same labeling system for
ALL filing cabinets.
4. Leave space
in the drawer for new files by Clearing Out Files
5. Lay the papers in the folders so you can see the tab. If You Don't See the Tab, it will take you extra time to look for it.
6. Find a filing cabinet that will hold ALL your files. Measure the paper piles and compare them to the measurement of the filing cabinet drawer width.